Software Automation Engineer
Software Automation Engineer
Salary: £35,000 + benefits
Location: Richmond (twice a week on site)
I am partnered up with a growing technology-based client of mine who for the greenfield development a prominent ERP solution, mostly implemented using AWS serverless technologies.
You will play a key role in guiding their approach to test automation, selecting the appropriate tools that integrate with their CI/CD pipelines as well as their rollout. You will thus be responsible for implementing these tools and developing the automation tests, focusing on the application’s responsive web and back end UI’s. You will be contributing to performative testing as the product grows, and there will be the opportunity to explore the automated testing of Android and IOS applications.
You will also ensure that their automated testing approach is successfully joined up with their manual testing, along with building up the automated coverage of their product’s capabilities and integrating automated testing into their pipelines through collaborating with DevOps colleagues.
- Implementing an automation test strategy to help them deliver on their test strategy.
- Building and sustaining their automated tests so that extensive coverage is delivered across their product set, working closely within the team to achieve this.
- Being a subject matter expert on automation testing to support colleagues when needed.
- Supporting the lead to ensure the test strategy is being adhered to, as well as identifying areas for improvement.
- Supporting the DevOps team to integrate automated testing solutions into CI/CD pipelines.
- Using various industry testing techniques, methodologies, best practices, along with quality assurance activities, to ensure that the delivery of robust, high-performing systems that meet and exceed expectations.
What is required?
- At least two years’ experience working as an automation test engineer working on complex software solutions.
- Experience with implementing test automation tools for the following: Web UI (e.g. Selenium or Appium), Back-end API’s (e.g. Postman or SoapUI), and performance testing (e.g. Apache JMeter).
- Experience with applying automation testing within an agile environment, utilising both continuous delivery and testing modules, ensuring that delivery meets expectations.
- Possess a good understanding of test artefacts, reusable test scripts, execution, metrics, and review purposes.
- Able to understand requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English).
- Managing expectations and problem solving, in order to build relationships based on trust.
- Be self-motivated and handle multiples tasks under pressure.
- Being able to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Able to learn and be fast paced within an agile environment, as well as picking up new information quickly.
- Experience with both onshore and offshore teams (desirable).
- Experience implementing test automation tools for mobile applications.
- Practical experience using a test management system (e.g. QMetry, Zephyr or Helix ALM), to plan, co-ordinate and evidence test execution (desirable).
- Experience with Jira and confluence for both issue management and collaboration (desirable).
- A degree in a technical based discipline (desirable).
If you are an experienced software automation engineer, and love the sound of this opportunity, then please apply now, or call Alex on 07488887927.
AEJ Consulting ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
AEJ Consulting ltd is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital status, or pregnancy/maternity status.