Senior Procurement Consultant
Senior Procurement Consultant
Location: Remote based, with all client travel fully expensed
Salary: £36,000 – £45,000 + twelve percent bonus and benefits
This consultancy position will sit within the delivery business area of my client’s Procurement Solutions. Engagements will vary, working across public or private sector and a range of markets. Various assignments for this role will include Opportunity Assessment, Savings Delivery and Programmes, Category Management, Strategic Sourcing, Contract and Supplier Relationship Management, Transformation, and Project and Programme Management.
If you are looking to join an exciting business with a clear career plan in place from day one, then look no further!
You will be working across a variety of amazing clients and geographic locations for various lengths of time. Your responsibilities may include working across multiple categories of spend or require development in specific subject matter expertise. In addition to client delivery, you will be a member of a Category Team supporting internal business development in areas such as product development, best practice and innovation, market shaping, knowledge sharing and sales opportunities.
What is required:
- Experience of delivering procurement projects, with strategy development and supporting category management in the government sector, ideally transport, health, and/or defence sector.
- Experience of developing relationships and working with stakeholders and suppliers, as well as a track record in supplier selection, negotiation, implementation, and complex contract management to ensure cost/saving targets are delivered upon
- Some experience working within a complex and changing environment with demanding business objectives.
- A knowledge of sourcing across indirect categories and industry sectors.
- Experience in working within matrix structures (desirable).
- Project management experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Be proficient in Excel.
- Ideally working towards MCIPS qualification or a relevant business subject
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary and discretionary bonus
- 25 days’ holiday (rising to 27), with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The ability take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for one of my client’s charity partners, or any cause of your choice
- A company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks, and much more on top
- Various voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle, such as discounts on retail and socialising, health & wellbeing travel and technology etc.
- Access to their Employee Network Group from day one, representing every strand of diversity across the business.
If you are an experienced procurement professional, and love the sound of this opportunity, then please apply now, or call Alex Meredith on 07488887927
AEJ Consulting ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
AEJ Consulting ltd is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital status, or pregnancy/maternity status.