Lead Senior AV Technician
Lead Senior AV Technician
Location: Houston (travel based – working on different client sites)
Rate: $40 an hour
Duration: Six months with possible extension
My client is a global leader in video collaboration and custom AV. They specialize in providing high quality solutions which are designed for specific customer needs. With their various highly skilled Technicians and Project Managers, they have a proud track record in exceeding expectations, ensuring they always offer an individualized service to clients.
As a lead, you will be supervising level one and two Technicians, through to and including sign off.
- Performing installation tasks as noted in the project’s Scope of Works (SOW).
- Reading and interpreting electronic schematics and architectural blueprints.
- Support the Project Manager with site supervision of the install team, communication of daily job site status, and completion of required job documentation.
- Acting as customer liaison on site per project scope and directives. Direct on-site change request to Project Manager for confirmation and final direction.
- Communicate and coordinate with other trades on site.
- Use hand and power tools for various system installation related task including soldering, and termination of connectors such as XLR, RJ45, fibre-optic, and coaxial.
- Fabricating AV Rack as per elevation drawing with professional cable management.
- Work with manufacturers to initiate return material authorization as needed.
- Test point to point cabling, functionality of systems, and code for control and DSP systems.
- Support and Engineer or Programmer with minor programming changes to DSPs or room processors.
- Configure IP addressable devices to establish communication on network.
- Create, track, and complete a project punchlist.
- Write & Edit code for DSP systems – Biamp, Qsys, Shure, etc.
- Complete preventative maintenance checks, diagnosis, and necessary repair.
- Provide client training as needed.
- Able to effectively communicate with technicians, customers, and colleagues.
- Ability to use hand and power tools in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to work and think independently and ensuring to meet deadlines.
- Mature personality with the ability to work both on own initiative and in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize an often conflicting workload.
- Advance PC proficiency.
- Proven business writing skills.
- Ability to diagnose complex system problems.
- Knowledge of advance signal flow for audio, video, and control.
- Advance understanding of IP networking.
- Ability to lead site teams on large, complex projects.
- Ability to perform site surveys.
- Minor control system programming changes and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Knowledge and use of specific test equipment for required applications.
- Knowledge and application of industry installation safety codes and standards.
- Industry specific and manufacturer training/certifications.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to regularly climb and work from ladders up to heights of 35 feet.
- Minimum of 6 to 8 years of installation experience in the audio visual, electronics or related industry required.
- Valid and current CTS Certification.
If you are an experienced lead senior AV technician, and love the sound of this opportunity, please apply now, or call Alex on 07488887927.
AEJ Consulting Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
AEJ Consulting Limited is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital status, or pregnancy/maternity status.