Business Analyst – Competitive salary – London
Our client is looking for a Business Analyst with a technical background as well as good communication skills and a willingness to learn day-to-day trading and finance operations. The Business Analyst should have a good understanding of global market structure and electronic trading systems and have familiarity with trading rules and regulations or demonstrate an aptitude to learn. Familiarity with research and market data sources is a strong plus but not a requirement.
What you’ll be doing:
General responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting veteran the clients Business Acceleration team members along the following lines:
- Complete project lifecycle management launching new PM Teams into production
- Design PM research and trading solutions that adhere to firm standards
- Educate PM teams on the clients operating procedures and technology integration
- Lead new strategy rollout projects internally with Technology, Operations, Legal, Compliance, and Risk groups, and externally with brokers, exchanges, and vendors
- Provide day-to-day support for various operational procedures such as broker data management, compliance monitoring, trading, and business continuity
The person in this role must have a technical background as well as good communication skills and a willingness to learn day-to-day trading and finance operations. The candidate should have a good understanding of global market structure and electronic trading systems and have familiarity with trading rules and regulations or demonstrate an aptitude to learn. Familiarity with research and market data sources is a strong plus but not a requirement.
What we’re looking for:
- The ideal candidates will have a combination of software development and communication skills with some experience working in a financial services organization.
- A BS in finance, statistics, math, and engineering or computer science is strongly preferred. 2 years of relevant work experience is a plus.
- Must have the ability to assist veteran specialists while simultaneously managing multiple long-term and short-term projects independently under very tight project deadlines.
- Must have strong inter-personal skills, excellent time management skills and a team attitude
- Ability to clearly document technical specifications and articulate concepts in a less-technical fashion.
- Working experience in any of the following:
Linux/Unix scripting (Perl, bash, etc.), Python, C++, C#, Java, SQL
- Additional experience with database design is a plus.
- We support systematic trading in liquid instruments (global equities, futures, and foreign exchange) as well as discretionary trading in macro instruments (e.g. bonds, rates, and credit). Candidates with specific work experience and knowledge of market regulations in these areas will be strongly preferred but not required.
- Working experience with digital currency exchanges, liquidity providers, derivative financial products, and business operations a plus.
- Commitment to the highest ethical standards.
A mix of the above will be considered – your attitude, effort levels and drive are the main attributes we are looking for. You will be joining a fast-paced, dynamic environment which requires individuals to always be striving for the best/success.
If you are interested in the above, please contact Neshe Servi at [email protected] or 07713496586.
AEJ Consulting Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
AEJ Consulting Limited is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital status, or pregnancy/maternity status.