Role Title: Trader Analyst
Salary: £50,000 + Highly Competitive Bonus Structure
Overview of the Role
Our client is a London-based tech-driven proprietary trading and market-making firm specialising in oil derivatives across the barrel. Founded by senior traders with significant experience across the oil spectrum, the company has quickly grown to become the largest liquidity provider of oil derivatives globally, including global Crude Oil, Gasoline, Naphtha, and Distillate benchmarks. This prominent position in the market gives them a consistently up-to-date and unparalleled in-house knowledge of the physical and paper markets, allowing them to fully leverage their trading capabilities and maximise their potential as a firm.
Being a market leader has allowed them to build a unique franchise, specialising in excellence in people and technology. Their direct counterparties include some of the largest trading houses, producers and refiners in the world.
Through their ‘Junior Trader Development Program’, new hires receive resources to accelerate their integration into the business by gaining access to digital learning and weekly lectures from experienced traders. Junior employees have complete access to the company’s material and all-level traders to focus on becoming their own trader.
They take a trader-by-trader approach to talent development and foster an environment that values different trading styles, challenges conventional thinking and maximises the potential of all employees. Their monthly and ongoing review systems ensure their people and managers have the information they need to excel in the development program.
- Receive classroom-based training about the oil market and basic knowledge you will need to start on the desk
- Work with the traders on research, development, and implementation of new trading strategies
- Help with future and OTC executions
- Investigate profitable strategies for new products
- Carry out trading support tasks including trade entry, reconciliation on a daily basis
- Liaise with back office to work on desk or firmwide projects
- Junior traders will be assessed monthly to be progressed to a trader role who trades their own book
- A bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD in mathematics, science, engineering, computer science, economics, quantitative finance or related field
- Recent graduate to 2 years of work experience
- Ambitious individual with track record of being high achiever who relentlessly pursues accelerated progression
- Strong interest in trading and financial markets
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to deploy those skills during time-sensitive situations
- Experience programming in Python, R, C++ or similar languages is a plus
- Are entrepreneurial, adaptive, self-motivated; Enjoy challenges and significant responsibility, and thrive in fast-paced, competitive environments
If you are interested in this role, please contact Jordan via email email@example.com or apply directly using our form below.